We are pleased to announce pre-order availability for The Bulletin of Lost Signals, #1. In the spirit of punk fanzines, the BLS will provide the latest news, scuttlebutt from various signal-collecting communities, recipes, and, of course, one-of-a-kind artifacts. To wit, each bulletin will include all of the following:
- a typed newsletter featuring brief descriptions of the troubled history of the archive, a list of the most recent acquisitions, and, when there’s a good one, a recipe
- two (2) original, one-of-a-kind paper ephemera inserts, spanning various historical periods, duplicates from the archive
- two (2) sections of 16mm film frames from obscure films
- the url to a short lost signal video not publicized and not available through any other source
The print-run for the very first bulletin is limited to 25. While the precise exchange value is (and will remain forever) unknown, .75 cents will get you a copy. This fee, however, can be waived upon request.
The 2017 publication schedule:
- Issue #1 – “Degrowth” – mailing date: 4 July
- Issue #2 – “Julia Kristeva + Maya Deren” – mailing date: 15 August
- Issue #3 – “Unpublishable Signals” – mailing date: 24 September
- Issue #4 – “Leonora Carrington” – mailing date” 10 November
To reserve (“hold”) your copy of The Bulletin of Lost Signals, #1, simply send a request to the Lost Signal archivist: firstname.lastname@example.org
To send a recipe (a morning or brunch cocktail recipe or side-dish recipe only) please use the same e-mail as above. Must be received by July 1 for inclusion in issue #1, or August 5 for inclusion in issue #2.